Sunday, October 4, 2009

Today is the day.

Okay, so for whatever reason, I've decided this might be a good idea. To start a weight loss blog. Maybe a good additional tool to help me in this journey.

This "journey" has been going on for a llllooooonnnnggg time. Almost 19 years. Since I gave birth to my "baby" girl, yep, who turns 19 in November. I got pregnant with her 3 1/2 months after I gave birth to my son...who turned 20 yesterday. :) There has been excuse after excuse in these last 19ish years...no more. I have had it! Yes, I've said that before, I know, but really, this time I FEEL different. I really feel like if I don't do this I am going to die WAY before my time. I'm only 41 years old, a wife, a mom of two grown kids and a grandma.

As of this morning, I weigh 217 pounds. I had actually gotten down to 198lbs in March. So, I've GAINED 19 POUNDS in the last 6 MONTHS!

So, what is the plan. It's simple. Calories in vs. Calories out. This is a tried and true solution for me and millions of others. I will be keeping a food log and exercising 6 days a week with my day off on Sundays. I have ordered a Bodybugg like they use on the Biggest Loser. It should be here by Wednesday. :) In the meantime, I will use the equipment I have at home and my own two legs to workout. I live "in the country" so it's easy to go for a great walk. I've got a treadmill, stationary bike, Total Gym, free weights, a rebounder, and several videos. So, really there is no excuse to not exercise.

So, join me on my journey. I can use all the encouragement you can give.

Have a Blessed day.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment